An industrial site in a remote location needed to monitor, measure and control boundary noise levels over the lifetime of a lengthy decomissioning and demolition project. Weather protection and reliability were top of the list for this application due to the remote location.
A number of semi-permanent noise monitors were installed with data downloaded remotely over a modem.
Once the decomissioning project was underway, there was a need to be able to relocate the monitoring equipment to a number of different locations which would become the most noise sensitive.
By using the CR:245/SP Semi-Permanent Noise Monitor, the customer had the capability to relocate the measurement system as needed over the life of the project with the added cost and complexity of dismantling a permanently installed noise monitor.
The measurement functions and performance provided by the system are the same as for the Permanent and Portable Noise Monitoring unit.
- Semi-permanent installation to allow for equipment relocation
- Remote location with hostile weather conditions
- No external power or telephone lines available
- Remote data download over GSM to allow for reporting & data analysis
- External battery pack for 4 weeks operation
- CR:245/SP Semi-Permanent Noise Monitor
- MK:426A Outdoor Microphone
- GSM Cellular Modem
- NoiseHub Software with Automatic Download & Reporting Functions
- Extended Operation Battery Pack
- Custom installation hardware