- Armoring of the upstream face of earth-fill dams and dikes with concrete-filled CCS revetments.
- Protection of a geosynthetic membrane with a crest-anchored CCS concrete revetment on the steep
upstream face of a rock-fill dam.
- Surface protection of the crest and downstream face of earth-fill embankments that are exposed to
overtopping and storm run-off.
- Provision of anchored, concrete-filled, CCS linings for spillways, stilling basins and outlet works.
- Increasing the crest elevation of existing structures with free-standing multi-layered CCS gravity
The Paper presents design concepts, parameters and methods, and compares CCS treatments with alternative protection techniques. Installation methods and typical installed costs are also discussed.