Informed employees will want to play an important role in tracking down and stopping Safety problems. Managements role is to empower its people by giving them information and processes in which they can participate. It is around this philosophy that Awarenessideas built its Employee Safety Action Plan.
For thirty years, our team has been helping clients design Safety Awareness Materials that help track and reinforce good safety habits. Awarenessideas Safety Programs have been successfully used in industrial plants, restaurants, schools, hospitals, office facilities and housing environments. Here are some suggestions that are easily transferable to your organization.
We customize ideas and products to fit your needs.
Set a standard for Safety that everyone can agree to. Our standard Safety processes are:
- Easy to implement and follow for all employees
- Effective and efficient in it's methods
- Rewarding and encouraging
- Clear and ever present in your facility
- Consistent in it's themes and ideas
- Valuable to both the bottom line and the moral of the company
Here's some suggestions in how we at Awarenessideas.com can help your Safety efforts:
- Create Safety Teams to coordinate activities.
- Dress your Safety Teams in wearables that give them recognition and identity.
- Let us create banners and posters with your Safety Vision or Message.
- Have a suggestion contest that lasts 30 days, one every 6 months. Have appropriate inexpensive Awareness for thoughtful ideas. If employees are involved, they'll be more likely to be active in the process.
- Use our write-on/wipe-off charts designed to monitor your specific areas.
- Encourage area groups to chart Safetymethods or possibility of non-conformances on specific processes. We can make the charts.
- Use our Safety information boards to hold posters and plant information inserts.
- Use appropriate decals and signage by your machinery.
- Have posted lockout procedures for all machinery.
- Let us create bins for you to hold your safety goggles and hardhats with your logo or message on it.
- Let us design charts explaining how much your Safety efforts will save in lost time and wages over the course of a week, month or year.
- Pass out our Safety Tip Booklets to all your employee's families. Encourage each family to find ways of Safety in their homes. Use family success stories in each issue of your organizations newspaper. This is a powerful way to keep your people talking about Safety and their participation.
- Have a contest each month that relates to that month's Safety poster. A contest keeps the poster message alive. People talk about the problem and therefore pay more attention to solving it.
- Have a contest that encourages each work area to improve its Safety efforts. Give recognition for continuous achievement.
- Use inexpensive Awareness for playing an active role in using your Safety program.
- Give rewards and recognition to department managers and the maintenance teams staying on top of reducing Safety non-conformances.
- Continue talking to us to work out new themes, new ideas and improve your process.
Get AwarenessIDEAS involved. We have thirty years experience and a complete line of Safety process awareness materials. Most important, making us part of your team will give you on going support and enthusiastic resourcefulness.