Ozone NAAQS Overview
- Background –Why are revisions already being proposed to the March 2008 Ozone NAAQS?
- What are the proposed new ozone NAAQS?
- Expected Timeline
Recent Ozone Standard Revisions
- Less than 2 years ago (March 12, 2008)EPA revised the 8-hour ozone standard
- Primary and secondary standard: 0.075 ppm
- Litigation Ensued
- American Lung Association v. EPA, No. 08-1203
- New York v. EPA, No. 08-1202
- Change in EPA with New Administration
- Filed motion to vacate briefing schedule, hold case in abeyance (March 4, 2009)
- Why did EPA file this motion?
- Clean Air Scientific Advisory Committee recommendations vs. finalized ozone NAAQS