Aeration Industries International (AII)

European processor eliminates maintenance headaches


Courtesy of Courtesy of Aeration Industries International (AII)


Wastewater treatment became a huge headache for this large, European sugar processing company. The plant had installed many different types of aeration equipment in its activated sludge, aerated lagoon system. The company was dedicated to meeting all the environmental standards for its country. In their quest to find the best equipment, they had tried submerged pumps, propeller mixers, and compressed air, diffused air. Still, treatment was unsatisfactory and maintenance was time consuming and very costly.


The plant decided to try the AIRE-O2® aspirator aerators in its 12 hectare (30 acre) lagoon at first. During peak production, 70% of its 10,000 m 3flow (2.64 MGD) is directed to this lagoon for storage and partial treatment while the remaining 30% flows to an oxidation ditches. They installed 30 kW (40 hp) AIRE-O2® aerators. 'It was simple to install and maintain,' reported the engineer. ' We chose the AIRE-O2® aerator because it can move and aerate the water...all in one machine.' He added, 'It was a very good machine.'


Very pleased with the aerator, they added more units for the lagoon and for the entire treatment of the oxidation ditch the following year. A total of 26 aerators are in operation of varying horsepower from 5.5 kW (7.5 hp) aerators throught 30 kW (40 hp) aspirator aerators. The engineer stated, 'We are far better off with the AIRE-O2® aerators.' Maintenance problems are a thing of the past. A COD (chemical oxygen demand) influent level of approximately 500 mg/l is achieving almost 90% removal rates and the company has comfortably met all its discharge standards.

Customer comments

No comments were found for European processor eliminates maintenance headaches. Be the first to comment!