In March 2012, significant storm-related flows through the Cuyahoga River threatened the construction of the new Fairchild Avenue Bridge Project in Kent, OH. ODOT engineers needed a quick solution to stabilize the eroding bank, while minimizing the need for costly and unsightly large diameter riprap. By incorporating ARMORMAX® into the design solution, ODOT was able to save significant funds in reduction of riprap size, while promoting a vegetated shoreline to enhance the streetscape element of the project.
- UV stabilized for 50-year longevity
- Structurally designed slope reinforcement
- Easy and rapid installation
- Vegetated with custom hydraulic growth-medium
- More cost-effective than traditional
- Proven technology
- Sustainable results