In many instances, steel scrap prices have more than doubled since the latter part of 2007. And the upward momentum could be sustained into the second half of this year, according to expert feedback from the BIR Spring Convention in Monte-Carlo. However, higher prices are also placing significantly more pressure on the financing of steel and scrap processing operations, it was noted.
Nickel & stainless
- ‘Feel-good’ factor missing from stainless market
- Good times followed by ‘less than stellar’ outlook
- Mills and recovered paper sector face tougher times
- France aims to double sorting volumes
- Credit where it’s due for plastics recyclers?
- Let the good times roll for used tyres
- ELV workshop