Filament Geotextile Fabric for Gravel Driveway Construction Project in Malaysia - Case study
Filament geotextile fabric for gravel driveway is made from high-quality continuous polypropylene fibers by the method of forming and consolidating polyester filaments. Its fibers are arranged into a three-dimensional structure. The continuous filament geotextile fabric for gravel driveway is a new type of building material for geotechnical and civil engineering applications, it is also widely recognized as the choice for drainage applications, pavement interlayers and separation/stabilization beneath paved and unpaved roads. In addition to having good stretch, puncture resistance and other effects, it also has high acid and alkali resistance, aging resistance and other effects. PET filament geotextile is widely used for separation, filtration, drainage, protection functions in civil engineering projects.
- Location: Malaysia
- Products: PET Filament Geotextile
- Application: Driveway Construction in Malaysia
As we all know, Malaysia is a peninsula country. The coastal areas are mostly plains, but the interior is mostly forest-covered hills and mountains. The Crocker range extends northward from Sarawak and divides Sabah into east and west coasts through Sabah. Compared with the flat areas in the plains, the inland areas are uneven with gravel hills. Therefore, in order to promote economic development, the government conducts bidding projects. The customer is a well-known local engineering purchaser. Because BPM has had experience in cooperation with the customer before, the customer will send the information to us after receiving the notice of the bidding project. After we receive the bidding materials, we will send the product inspection TRI certificate, factory qualification certificate and successful bidding cases in the past to the customer as soon as possible. The Malaysian government reported that there were more potholes on the right side of the driveway in the past and fewer on the left side. Therefore, the filament geotextile fabric for gravel driveway is required to play a certain role in the construction of anti-seepage, reinforcement, reduce road cracks and extend the service life of the road. After the BPM investigation, I learned that there are many trucks carrying goods on the highway, and these vehicles often drive on the right side. The damage to the highway by a big car is greater than that of a small car. So the road on the right will have potholes. Our BPM recommended PP staple fiber needle-punched geotextile and PET Filament geotextile to customers according to the design requirements of expressway projects. Both of filament geotextile fabric for gravel driveway can be used in driveways. But in terms of cost performance, we recommend PET Filament geotextile to our customers.
BPM provided customers with PP staple fiber geotextile and PET filament geotextile fabric for gavel driveway construction. At the same time, we sent two kinds of geotextile indicators, tensile test reports, production videos, and analyzed the two kinds of geotextiles from the tensile force, elongation, tear resistance, CBR and other technical indicators of the two geotextiles. BPM also set up a technical department to make appointments with customers for video conferences, video factory inspections and real-time testing of geotechnical indicators in the laboratory. All we did were let customers intuitively feel which was better. The comparison results showwd that under the same weight, the filament geotextile roll is better than the short fiber geotextile in all aspects, and the filament index data is 40% higher than the short fiber index. In terms of price, filament yarn is also cheaper than staple fiber. After calculating the price, we provide customers with a comparison of the packaging quantities of the two geotextiles. Due to the hot rolling process of the filament geotextile fabric for gavel driveway, the thickness of the geotextile will be thinner and the loading capacity will be more. For export, filament geotextile fabric for gavel driveway has great advantages. After the customer received our samples and personally did the sample quality inspection, the customer accepted the more cost-effective PET Filament geotextile.
In our past project transactions, PET filament geotextile is often used to increase the stability of gravel slopes and reinforced soil, vertical or horizontal drainage inside earth dams, and construction projects such as highways, railways, embankments, and airports to strengthen weak foundations. According to BPM professional advice, the customer chose the 200gsm PET Filament geotextile. After confirming all the order details, BPM worked with the Malaysian customer to win the Malaysian government’s bid. According to the requirements of the project, the customer confirmed the payment method of L/C payment with us. The customers hoped that we could deliver the order as soon as possible. Since then, we have maintained a mutually beneficial and win-win cooperation relationship with customers.
- Good temperature resistance: The temperature of the asphalt mixture during hot paving is about 150â„ƒ, and the temperature of the modified asphalt is higher. The PET Filament geotextile is required to not only not melt or soften at this temperature, but also to maintain normal operation. It is required to be able to withstand temperatures above 170°C.
- Good asphalt adsorption: First, spray the permeable layer of asphalt evenly, and then spread the PET Filament geotextile. The PET Filament geotextile should be able to absorb the asphalt and reach saturation. The PET Filament geotextile is required to have good adsorption capacity.
- Good uniformity: PET Filament geotextile is an anisotropic material. To ensure uniform strength, the two-way strength ratio should not be greater than 12. Generally, PET Filament geotextile should be used instead of woven geotextile.
- Aging resistance: PET Filament geotextile are required to maintain normal working conditions within the service life of the pavement.
- Water permeability: PET Filament geotextile also require good water permeability, which can be measured by the vertical permeability coefficient.
PET Filament geotextile is the kind of high performance non woven geotextile fabric which has functions of isolation, filtration, drainage, separation, protection and maintenance, etc. PET filament geotextile fabric for gavel driveway construction is manufactured by the extrusion of fibers which are then laid down on a manufacturing “bed” and then needle punched from both top and bottom to entangle the fibers to produce a dimensionally stable geotextile. The PET Filament geotextile is widely used for road construction, landfill, cancel, salt pond, etc.
The PET Filament geotextile has the following features.
- Excellent permeability, filtration, protection Soil, played isolation, drainage filters, protective role;
- Low cost, excellent price, simple construction, easy to use. Reinforcement in retaining wall backfill.
- Improve the stability of slope and reinforcement soil, avoid water and soil loss and soil frozen injure.
- Total geotextile quantity – 89,000 square meters
- PET Filament Geotextile weight – 200gsm
- The size of each roll 6m * 150m