• MODIS-Terra satellite data
• SRTM elevation data (corrected at JRC, 1m intervals)
• CORINE 2000 land cover data
• The JRC population density grid of Europe
• TELEATLAS database including roads and railways
Chapter 1 gives an overview of measured river discharge and water levels by the Hungarian water authorities.
Chapter 2 presents the flood extent assessment as derived from MODIS-Terra imagery
Chapter 3 describes the assessment of water depth in the flooded areas using SRTM data
Chapter 4 describes the analysis of land use in the flooded areas and a coarse damage assessment
Chapter 5 discusses the inaccuracies contained in the products. Given the use of the above mentioned data, the accuracy issues discussed in Chapter 5 need to be taken into account.
Chapter 6 presents how results and estimates could be improved and discusses possible new products for rapid damage estimation
Conclusions are presented in Chapter 7.