STOPIT HP is a multi-component, yet easy to apply, epoxy composite system designed for high-pressure sealing applications with working pressures up to 2,000 PSI (140 kg/cm2) and operating temperatures to 175° F (79° C) while providing a built in 5:1 safety margin.
Fortesa International (Dakar, Africa)
In the inhospitible desert of Dakar Africa a high pressure 4' fiberglass pipline was damaged by a motorized grader during an unauthorized excavation.
Methane Gas is transmitted through this pipeline at constant pressures of 550 psi. When struck with the grading machine the pipeline was fractured and resulted in a seepage of gas. The visibly damaged area consisted of approximately 5 feet of linear surface area.
InduMar received the call and an engineered repair utilizing STOP IT HP was implemented. Due to the fracturing characteristics of fiberglass a total of 11 feet was covered ensuring non-visible damage extending beyond the visible surface damage was covered.
The repair was completed in a few hours. After curing the pipeline was pressure tested to 950 psi. The repair remains in place and burned in the sands of Dakar.
- Shelf Life: 6 Months from date of purchase when stored at 40 °F to 83 °F (5 °C to 28 °C)
- Color: Component 1 - clear. Component 2 - straw Fiber - yellow (other options available)
- Mixing Ratio: As supplied, dual cartridge dispenser with static mixer.
- Pot Life: 8 minutes at 72 °F (22 °C), after mixing for films less than 1/2' thick.
- Glass Transition Temperature: 216 °F (102 °C), cured.
- Cure Time: ~ 4 hours at 72 °F (22 °C), at 1/8M film thickness.*Max pressure performance achieved when allowed to cure 24 hours.
- Sealant Viscosity: Gel-like before cure.
- Pressure Limitation: Pressures to 2,000 psi (140 kg/cm2.137 bar)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 135 °F (51 °C); when annealed, 175 °F (80 °C)
Each STOPIT HP' Repair Kit Includes:
- Dispensing cartridge
- Two static mixers with retainer
- Composite fabrtc(s)
- Illustrated instructions
- Mixing tray
- Safety gloves
- Clean-up supplies