G&G Orchards in Yakima is the only Hispanic-owned packing house in Washington. Today, that operation includes some 800 acres of orchards, a packing house, and a controlled atmosphere cold storage facility. They also produce late season cherries in the most sought after varieties. They wished to remove and prevent limescale in their cooling tower and to reduce their use of chemicals. A P120 Aquaklear was fitted on the feed to the tower spray nozzles, and the state of the tubes, the tower fins and the sump monitored over time.
Results after 22 weeks
- Chemical usage was discontinued after 8 weeks
- Low conductivity maintained: blow-down reduced by 50%
- Limescale deposits on tubes and fins are gradually being removed
- Water in the sump is clear of algae and bio deposits
- Estimated return on investment (ROI): under 18 months