Contaminated sites continue to use Geotube® containers for PCBs, Metals, BTEX, PAHs, Arsenics, etc via pumping or dredging - mechanical and hydraulic methods.
TenCate develops and produces materials that function to increase performance, reduce costs and deliver measurable results by working with our customers to provide advanced solutions. A unique high volume, low cost dewatering system from TenCate can provide a very effective way of dewatering contaminated material.
Contaminated waste needs to be removed to provide a healthy environment for today and tomorrow. Much of the waste that was disposed under earlier safe systems has been found harmful to the environment. Clean up must be accomplished by the safest, economical method available. The cost of these clean ups are funded with tax payer dollars and/or company funds. The contaminants can vary from carcinogenic such as PBCs to biological waste and minerals.
Geotube containers provide:
- Economical Solution
- Containment of TSS solids in the 99+-% range.
- Safe storage during and after filling from environment conditions such as: wind, rain, snow, flooding, freezing, storms.
- Ability to operate at high volumes, thousands of gallons per hour with high or varying % solids.
- Allow for all types of removal methods: pumping, excavation, hydraulic or mechanical dredging.
- Minimal or no auxiliary equipment.
- Minimal manpower.
- No Energy required.
- A Green Solution to your problem.
- Protection from airborne contaminants.
- Selection of different levels of contaminants into different Geotube containers for specific isolation.
- Noiseless operating system, except the soothing sounds of a small brook.
- None or minimal odor while dewatering and containment of normal and hazardous materials.
- A clean filtrate requiring minimal, if any secondary treatment, which reduces size and level of treatment if required.
- Ability to fill while submerged.
- Stackability with increasing circumference for safety, maximization of capacity, without having to use fill material between units.
- Geoporl fill ports are flanged ports for increased safety and strength, allowing increased fill heights.
- TenCate engineered fabric designed specifically for containment and dewatering.
- Circumferential seaming providing strongest fabrication design and exact circumference for applications.
- Technical support via TenCate engineers, agents, and certified contractors.