Efficient management of the large monitoring data set is paramount given licence conditions imposed on the mine. Confidence in the data accuracy is crucial in forming the basis for interpretation and subsequent operational decisions. MMG has adopted an Environmental Data Management System (EDMS) comprising the following ‘off-the-shelf’ components produced and supplied by Earth Science Information Systems.
Please, download the document to access to this case study.
- Underground poly-metallic base metal mine
- Commenced 1936, mine life to 2024
- Open stopes extract ore from up to 1500m depth
- Ore trucked to surface for crushing & processin
- Produces zinc, lead, copper concentrates & gold doré
- Gold recovered by gravity, remainder by froth floatation
- Concentrates shipped to Nyrstar (Hobart & Port Pirie)
- Gold shipped to Perth