- Project Name: Groundwater Control during construction of the USSTRATCOM Command and Control Facility
- Project Location: Nebraska
- Owner: Offutt AFB
- GC: Kiewit-Phelps, JV
- Engineer: US Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District
- Project Revenue: $250,000.00
- Project Start and End Date: 2012 to 2014
The USSTRATCOM Command and Control Complex is a 1 million square foot facility that is 70 ft. below ground surface. The structure used concrete placed walls that were installed to bedrock to create a water tight structure.
To dewater the excavation to the required drawdown, Griffin used 6 wells inside the structure with 2400 LF of discharge pipe. The water inside the structure required treatment. Griffin mobilized a temporary water treatment system to treat the water inside the structure that had high levels of suspended solids (TSS) and high pH levels.
The Griffin Difference
Griffin provided dedicated operation and maintenance personnel for both the deep foundation dewatering and the water treatment system to keep the multiple systems operational during the complex construction sequence.
Regular monitoring and preventive maintenance measures were conducted on both systems to ensure optimal system performance for the duration of the project.