An innovative plant that provides clean, potable water for over 1 million people in Israel. With an extremely narrow footprint, Hadera has one of the lowest-ever costs for high-quality desalinated water in BOT projects worldwide.
- Capacity: 525,000 m3/day
- Technology: Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Project Type: Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT)
- Location: Hadera, Israel
- Footprint: 1000m x 50-150m
- Commission Date: 2009
- Global recognition – recognized by the global industry as one of the world’s leading Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) desalination plants. Received the Euromoney Project Finance Magazine ‘Deal of the Year 2007’ award
- Cost leadership – sets a new benchmark for the lowest cost of desalinated water in BOT projects as well as increased production
- Technological leadership – uses IDE’s proprietary Pressure Center Design, Boron Removal System and other unique technologies to increase efﬁciency, reduce energy consumption and provide high quality water.