Measuring an individuals’ exposure to vibration has never been more important as despite the Control of Vibration at Work legislation being in force since 2005, the reported incidences of HAVS and the number of fines issued (and cost!) has increased.
The Regulations state that ‘To protect employees from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS), and to comply with the Vibration Regulations, employers need to assess the risks from vibration and plan how to control them’.
The Pulsar vB is the ideal instrument to do this. This powerful little meter measures the vibration of handheld power tools, specifically it measures, the HSE Exposure Points and the time to reach the Exposure Action Value (EAV) and Exposure Limit Value (ELV) for each power tool.
- Simple to use: fix to your tool, switch on and press record
- Triaxial accelerometer for X, Y, Z measurements
- Measures: Arms, Aeq, Amax, Peak, Vector Sum, HSE Exposure Points, EAV, ELV
- Large clear display to view everything you need
- Colour coded measurements so you know if there's a problem
- Large memory to keep your measurements safe
- Download to the vB Plus Software for reporting