GEA provided comprehensive site investigation, remediation design and remedial compliance services for the Sterling-Regal Hazardous Waste Site in Carlstadt, New Jersey.
GEA prepared a remedial action workplan (RAW) for a large corporate printing company site in the New Jersey Meadowlands in accordance with NJDEPE requirements. The work also included:·
- soil ad groundwater sampling·
- preparation of design drawings, specifications, and bid documents·
- acquisition of contractors by competitive bidding·
- securing permits from the HMDC, Bergen County Soil Conservation District and NJDEPE·
- site management during remediation·
- sampling and testing and final certification.
The site contamination included Chromium and Cyanide - the result of accidental spills from a printing operation. GEA developed a cost-effective plan to conduct the remediation without disturbance to existing operations while minimizing cost and achieving environmental compliance.
GEA has provided a range of environmental engineering services for this site including:·
- Preparation of Remedial Action Work Plan·
- Soils and Groundwater Monitoring·
- Engineering Design of Remediation System·
- Installation of Groundwater Monitoring Wells·
- Preparation of Risk Assessment as per NJDEP Requirements·
- Preparation of an Ecological Evaluation·
- Preparation of a Baseline Ecological Evaluation (BEE)