High temperature agitated slurry copper ore mixtures - Case Study
High Temperature Agitated Slurry Copper Ore Mixtures
- Agitated heavy slurry mixtures are endured by the sensor by use of a strong break resistant thick-wall pH glass element (nearly unbreakable under ordinary mining slurries use)
- Build up on reference element is minimized by solid state reference system, which also allows for aggressive chemical and mechanical cleaning
- Retrofit sensor can connect to almost any existing pH Transmitter
- Advanced waterproofing assembly allows for continuous submersible installation with little or no solution intrusion onto cable from back of probe
- Unique sealing technology that is custom built and engineered for mining applications allows for continuous and aggressive dissolved ammonia gas exposure
A mining company needed a pH sensor to monitor the extraction of the desired metals from a sulfide containing ore. The extraction involved the oxidation of the sulfides at high temperature and pressure by means of injected ammonia gas in a strong acid solution. Previously used sensors had lasted such a short period of time that the installation point of the measurement was changed so as to be farther away from the ammonia injection point. This lengthened the previous sensor’s lifetime but reduced the accuracy and quality of the process control measurement resulting in lower product yields and efficiency.