What is the Cattle Feed Pellet?
Cattle feed pellet is an all-in-one pellet form feed made by feed pellet mill through great pressure. It is a kind of feed that is not only for oxen, cows, cattle but also for sheep, and goat reared for their milk and meat. It contains protein, minerals and other nutrients which are useful for beef and milk production and survival of the animals.
Raw materials for making cattle feed pellets
Cattle feed pellets can be prepared from oil cakes, agro-residues such as peanut seedling, grass, maize straw, wheat straw, grain, wheat bran etc., flour mill by-products, cereals, molasses, and so on.
Production process of Cattle Feed Pellets
The major operations involved in the production of cattle feed pellets are: raw materials preparation, primary crushing, molasses mixing, fine crushing, pellet making and packaging(optional)
? Raw and auxiliary materials are first charged into silos and tanks where they are made ready for further processing. They are then processed by primary crusher. Crushed materials are further separated by means of a sieve, and then stored in the assorting tanks according to the kind of raw materials.
? The raw materials are then mixed by means of a feed mixer. In this process, fatty ingredients are added to the materials in order to raise the nutritional value of the feed. The feed obtained from the mixer is blended with molasses.
? Assorted animal feed that is crushed into fine particles is further formed into pellets by a cattle feed pellet mill.
Equipment for making cattle feed pellets
Machinery and equipment required in the cattle feed pellet production line are as following.
Tank( or other containers ) for raw and auxiliary materials storage
2. Feed hammer mill(feed pellet grinder) for grinding the raw materials to feed powder.
3. Feed pellet blender( feed pellet mixing machine) used to mixing powdered materials to improve the uniformity of the ingredients.
4. Feed pellet mill(feed pelletizer) is the main equipment for making the cattle feed pellets. For cattle feed mill, we supply flat die feed pellet mill design better for home use and ring die feed pellet mill design for cattle feed factory. If you plan to buy a cattle feed pellet mill, you can tell us your capacity requirement, then our salesman will give you a good recommendation.
6. Feed pellet cooler is used to cool the hot and moisture feed pellets(if your production capacity per day is not so much, you will not need this pellet cooler, just dry the pellets in the sun is OK.)
7. Feed pellets screening and grading machine is used to remove the fines and grade the pellets, which is the preparation for packaging.
8. Feed pellet weighing and packaging machine is used to weigh and pack the pellets in the uniformity(If making cattle feed pellets for your own farm, you can choose to store the pellets in a dry container instead of buying a packing machine, while for an automatic feed pellet plant, the weight and packing machine is necessary.)
9. Other auxiliary machines( conveyor, lifter, etc. Usually used in an automatic cattle feed pellet line)