How To Select The Right Tank For Wastewater Storage & Treatment
Wastewater is one of the hardest liquids there is to store and treat. However, it is important that your company does so in a responsible manner so that public health is protected and so that your business does not suffer the monetary and PR cost of failure. Part of this depends upon the vessels that you use to hold wastewater while it is being treated. Below, we’ve simplified the complex world of managing wastewater systems so that you can choose tanks that are compliant and that help your company fulfill its duty to protect the public.
- Compliance obligations: Make sure that you have your permits, plans and other documents submitted and that the tank you choose is compliant with all regulations. These requirements will of course depend on what is being stored and treated in your facility.
- Know the pH, temperature, and pollutants, etc, of the stored liquid: Once you have a handle on the character and variability of the wastewater at your facility, you will have some idea of what kind of wastewater tank you will need. For instance our tanks are made of a variety of materials. We havefiberglass water tanksas well as well as tanks made of other materials.
- Know how much wastewater your facility generates for treatment: Sizes does matter when it comes to storing wastewater. Be sure that you know how much water your facility creates and treats in order to choose the right size tank.
- Cost: You should look at the tank you purchase as an investment that will pay for itself in increased safety and efficiency. That said, welded steel tanks usually come with a relatively high capital cost but will last for many years. Tanks made from fiberglass water tanks are designed to be durable as well but cost less.
Our industrial water storage tanks can be made from several materials. Which material you choose will depend on your material requirements, capacity needs and budget. Storage tanks are typically made from the following materials:
- Powder-coated carbon steel
- Galvanized carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP)
At Nationwide Tank and Pipe, we offer a wide variety of wastewater storage tanks which are made from a variety of materials that meet or exceed industry standards. We also sell food-grade tanks that naturally meet EPA, USDA and NSF Standard 61 requirements for storage of drinking water.