The wood pellets production technology goes this way:
1. Raw material crushing Process: usually wood chips, logs or timber, etc. must be crushed before pelletization. The reason is that these wood raw materials are large pieces and can’t be pelletized directly. This process will need wood chipper and hammer mill.
2. Crushed material sieving process: sometimes the raw materials have impurities like stones or metal scraps. These impurities will destroy the pellet mill. So they shall be sieved.
3. Drying process: the sawdust usually contain much water. In this case, the dryer is indispensable. For capacity below 1ton/h, air flow dryer is enough. But for large capacity, drum dryer is good help.
4. Wood pellets producing process: the wood pellet mill also has different capacities. 50-500kg/h, use flat die pellet mill; >500kg/h, use ring die pellet mill or multiple sets of flat die pellet mill.
5. Pellets cooling and sieving process: the pellets have high temperature when produced by the pellet mill; as a result, a cooler is needed to cool the pellets. Besides, the counter flow cooler can also sieve the broken pellets or raw material powder to get good quality pellets.
6. Pellets packing process: to pack the wood pellets in bags will make them easy to store, transport and sell. They can be packed into small bags and large bags.
Above is whole wood pellets production line process, and other biomass raw materials go similar steps.