How to Weld Geomembrane
Detailed rules for the way
HDPE Geomembrane Laying
1. Before laying the HDPE geomembrane, the corresponding acceptance certificate of civil engineering will be obtained.
2. Before cutting HDPE film, the relevant size should be measured, and then cut according to the actual size. It is generally not suitable to cut according to the size shown in the picture but should be numbered piece by piece and recorded in detail on a special form.
3. When laying HDPE geomembrane, the welds should be the least, and the raw materials should be saved as far as possible under the premise of quality assurance. It is also easy to ensure quality.
4. The lap width of the joint between the film and the film is generally not less than 10cm, usually so that the direction of the weld is parallel to the largest slope, that is, along the slope direction.
5. Usually in corners and deformed sections, the joint length should be as short as possible. Except for special requirements, no weld will be installed as far as possible on slopes with a slope greater than 1:6 and within 1.5 meters from the top slope or stress concentration area.
6. HDPE geomembrane in the laying, should avoid artificial wrinkles, low temperature, should try to tighten, smooth.
7. After the completion of HDPE geomembrane laying, walking on the membrane surface and moving tools should be reduced as far as possible. Any objects that can cause harm to the HDPE membrane should not be placed on the membrane or carried on the membrane to walk, so as not to cause accidental damage to the membrane.
Welding of geomembrane
1. The welding process of the hot cheese welder is divided into adjust pressure, set temperature, set speed, weld lap inspection, install the film, enter the machine, start motor pressure welding.
2. Joints will not have oil, dust, HDPE geomembrane lap section surface should not be sandwiched with sand and other debris when there is debris must be cleaned up before welding.
3. At the beginning of welding every day, a sample of 0.9mm×0.3mm must be welded in the field first, the lap width is not less than 10cm, and the tensile machine is used for stripping and shear test on the spot. After the sample is qualified, the speed, pressure, and temperature can be adjusted at that time. Date, time, and ambient temperature should be marked on the sample. Hot cheese welder in the welding process, it is necessary to pay attention to the operation of the welder, according to the actual situation of the site speed and temperature fine-tuning.
4. The weld will be neat and beautiful, and will not slip or jump away.
5. When the length of the geomembrane is not enough, long splicing is needed. The transverse weld should be welded well first, and then the longitudinal seam should be welded.
6. Adjacent geomemetic weld joints should be staggered lap joints as far as possible, the node formed between the film blocks should be T shaped, as far as possible to reduce the cross-type, longitudinal die to the intersection of the weld seam at the application of extrusion welding machine to strengthen.
7. When the welding film is not pressed out of the dead fold, the laying of HDPE geomembrane, according to the local temperature change range and THE performance requirements of HDPE geomembrane, the expansion deformation caused by temperature change is reserved.
8. When the temperature of the hand-held welder is below 200? as indicated by the temperature control of the hand-held welder, dust it off with a clean cloth or cotton yarn and re-weld it. If necessary, re-polish it.
9. When there is condensation, moisture, silt, and other effects at the joint, welding after treatment.
10. Welding should not be carried out during rain or when the joints are damp, dewy, or heavy sand unless protective measures are taken.
11. When the temperature is lower than 5?, it should not be constructed according to the requirements of the code. If it must be constructed, the welding machine should be preheated before welding.
12. Extrusion welding machine in the welding process, should often check the head of the slider, wear more serious should be replaced in time slider, so as not to damage the film surface.
13. When the geomembrane is welded, it should be powered by a generator with good voltage regulation performance. In special circumstances, when local electricity is used, a voltage regulator must be used.
Matters needing attention
(1) The joint treatment of geomembrane is the key procedure of construction, which affects the operation life of the project. According to the quality test, the hot welding method is ideal. (can also be used for special adhesive bonding) hot welding method is the PE geomembrane surface heating treatment, the surface melting, and then through the pressure to make the fusion into one,
(2) the geomembrane is best laid along a certain direction, and both sides of the geomembrane are reserved for a certain PE film and PET non-bonding layer. When laying, each unit geomembrane should be adjusted to help the Welding of the two units geomembrane.
(3) after the geomembrane is laid, it should be pressed with sandbags to prevent wind movement. The edge joints should not have dirt, water, dust, etc.
(4) before welding, adjust the joint at the two sides of PE single film, so that the lap of certain broadband, and smooth, with no wrinkle.
(5) When welding, it is best to have a certain experience of technical personnel welding, welding using special welding machine welding. To adjust the temperature and speed, (can also be glued).
According to years of practice, the thickness of the geomembrane is not less than 0.25mm, too thin may produce spores, and easy to damage in the construction and reduce the anti-seepage effect. Geomembrane construction, special attention should be paid to the laying should not be too tight, not wrinkling, splicing should be firm. To according to the technical specifications of construction, the preparation, laying, splicing, inspection and backfill, and other five quality clearance.
Earth Shield Environmental Co., Ltd.
WhatsApp : +86 189 6341 6260
No comments were found for How to Weld Geomembrane. Be the first to comment!