Scaling and fouling of membranes is an on-going performance issue for most plants. There are continual improvements in membrane technology and plant design which increase efficiency, water quality and utilise different raw water supplies to produce clean pure water. This presentation outlines innovations in laboratory services and speciality chemicals designed to inhibit membrane scaling and fouling and to clean membranes where deposition has occurred.
Subject matter to be covered includes:
- high phosphate waste water reuse
- high pH second pass boron removal
- scaling prediction software
- sulphate removal membranes
- removing clay from membranes
- lab techniques and autopsy of membrane and filtration systems
Understanding the chemistry of membrane processes can directly improve plant performance.