Typical applications of IAQ sensors include;
• HVAC – ventilation control, schools, hospitals, airports, hotels, public places
• Agriculture - seed culture, greenhouses, hydroponics, seed cultivation
• Food Industry - storing vegetables, kitchens, restaurants
• Industrial, Lab and Medical
Wall and duct mounted IAQ sensors have progressed significantly over the past decade.
In addition to the traditional control of temperature and humidity, commercially available IAQ sensors will now detect;
- CO - carbon monoxide
- CO2 - carbon dioxide
- VOC - volatile organic compounds
- O3 - ozone
Configurations are available ranging from a basic transmitting sensor that outputs an analog signal to a full feature sensor with audible alarm, RS-485 communication and multicolor backlit LCD readout indicating gas level. Units are even available with a hand held remote control for setup and operation. The following are examples of IAQ sensor configurations.