- How to obtain energy targets by the construction of composite curves.
- The three rules of the pinch principle by which energy efficient heat exchanger network designs must abide.
- About the capital-energy trade off for new and retrofit designs.
- Of the best way to make energy saving process modifications.
- How to go about multiple utility placement.
- How best to integrate distillation columns with the background process.
- The most suitable way to integrate heat engines and heat pumps.
- The principles of data extraction.
- Some of the techniques applied in a study of a total site.
The text covers all of the aspects of the technology in PinchExpress, as well as going on to detail theory employed in the SuperTarget suite from Linnhoff March . This suite allows the user to carry out an in depth pinch analysis, using the Process, Column and Site modules. See the relevant pages of the Linnhoff March Web site or contact Linnhoff March for more details.