- Date: Wednesday, April 22 Time: 10.00- 14.00
- Place: Auditorium (ground floor)
- Health effect lab (1st floor, rooms L-165B)
- Microscope rooms (1st floor, room L-165A)
- Opening speech by NILU director Gunnar Jordfald
- Introduction by Dr. Maria Dusinska
- After the introduction, guided tour in the laboratories.
- Until 14.00 you can get information of our current projects and what we will do in the labs. The lab-workers are available to answer any questions you might have.
- And of course: cake will be served!
The aim of the laboratory is to study the adverse health effects of environmental and anthropogenic stressors on biological systems and to investigate the main pathways and mechanisms which may lead to development of environmental diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular, metabolic diseases, ageing diseases, etc. Different molecular and cellular markers and endpoints will be used for toxicological studies, with focus on cytotoxicity, oxidative stress, genotoxicity, neurotoxicity and possible carcinogenicity. As a starting point the toxicity of nano-particles will be investigated, and we hope to expand our experiments to include also other environmental toxins in the future.
Also other researchers will use the laboratories, which give a unique possibility for collaboration between the departments at NILU. The labs are of high standard, with new up-to-date equipment, and will follow the rules of Good Laboratory Practice.
The opening day starts with an opening speech by NILU director Gunnar Jordfald and an introduction by Dr. Maria Dusinska in the Auditorium at 10.00. After the introduction, we invite all to visit the laboratories. Until 14.00 you can get information of our current projects and what we will do in the labs. The lab-workers are available to answer any questions you might have. And of course: cake will be served!