Dosing sodium hypochlorite, fluoride, and alum
There is a simple and 100% interchangeable alternative to solve your problems.
- Same footprint as competing diaphragm pumps.
- All ancillaries reused
- Mounting shelf
- All suction and discharge piping
- Appurtenances like gauges and valves
- Motor reused! (saving also cost hiring an electrician and SCADA technician)
Some of Verderflex Dura’s benefits
- Pumps the tank all the way down
- Reducing the frequency of hypo deliveries
- Saving money and providing peace of mind
- Few spare/wear parts
Prior to treatment and distribution the water is stored in a reservoir. Chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite, fluoride, and alum are used to treat the wastewater. Sodium Hypochlorite is trucked in and stored in large tanks in the chemical building. Metering pumps are located on shelves beside the tanks. Diaphragm metering pumps dose these chemicals as needed.
Over time, the diaphragm metering pump loses its ability to self-prime, and when the tank level drops below 5 feet, the pumps do not operate.
When the tank level reaches 5ft, the pumps stop pumping; however because there are no flow meters, it takes 2 hours or more for the problem to show up in residual analysis.
Due to the suction problems faced in diaphragm pumps and decreasing parts quality and availability, more treatment plants are moving to peristaltic pump technology.
As is the case with many municipalities cost is an important factor when considering new equipment. The overall cost of peristaltic pumps is much lower than any other pump technology.
Verderflex Dura 10 hose pump
For common water and wastewater treatment plants and for chemical feed applications, usually below 30 gph and at low pressure, the Verderflex Dura pump is the perfect solution.
The Dura pump has no problem pulling suction lift up to 31ft of water, which is more than ample to drain the hypo tank.
Also, the Dura has only one wearing part – the hose. No complicated repair kits as with diaphragms and no check balls.
Best of all, we kept cost to a minimum:
- The Dura 10 fit the same footprint as competing diagraphm pump.
- Reused: Mounting shelf, platform, all suction and discharge piping, gauges and valves.
- We were able to reuse the motor and VFD as well saving not only equipment cost but also costs associated with hiring an electrician and SCADA technician.