This past September the final standard of the ISO 14001 was adopted and published. This is likely to be around for at least the next 15 years. Companies that are certified to the old standard will have a three-year transition period to meet the revised elements, which includes some of the following changes:
- Enhanced focus on integrating environmental issues into strategic planning of the business
- Stronger need for leadership to get involved in environmental issues
- Adjustment to allow for digital documentation
- Renewed emphasis on environmental performance
- Enhanced communication and awareness with stakeholders
- Increased focus on lifecycle perspective
In this article, we detail how Enhesa can help your company adjust to the revised ISO 14001 standard.