Project: Key Lake
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Engineer: Wardrop Engineering
Applicator: Tron Construction
Sauereisen Representative: Solhydroc, Inc.
- No. 228 - ConoGlaze Epoxy NovolaK
- No. 89 - High Temperature Membrane
- No. 54SG - Acidproof Concrete, Structural Grade
- No. 265 - Epoxy NovolaK Polymer Concrete
Method of Application: Pour & Place
Environment / Exposure: Solvent Extraction Sulfuric Acid Solution from Uranium Ore and Tailings Processing
- Refurbishment of slopes, floors and curbs in various areas throughout the plant where new stainless steel sumps were being installed.
- Autoclave Area - repaired with High Temperature Membrane No. 89 and 2-4 inches of Acidproof Concrete No. 54SG anchored with wire mesh due severe slopes. This area will see elevated temperatures of potentially 300°F.
- The balance of the remaining areas around the sumps were repaired with Epoxy Polymer Concrete No. 265 at 2-4 inches top coated with 8-12 mils of No. 228 for ease in clean-up after spillage.