Landmark Information Group has announced the launch of a brand new edition of Envirocheck Analysis, which has been designed to fully digitise the desk study process of Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments, which are conducted for land and property developments.
The new Envirocheck Analysis enables Environmental Consultants to digitally analyse current and historical maps and aerial photography, in conjunction with environmental data. This means that from within a single online platform, professionals can now accurately assess environmental risk factors related to a piece of land, without the need to overlay printed maps, manually draw boundaries or search through rafts of printed reports for potential sources, pathways or receptors of contamination.
Early customer feedback on the new Envirocheck Analysis platform has suggested that the time it takes to conduct the data analysis process is reduced by at least 25%.
Commenting on the launch of the new Envirocheck Analysis, Richard Puttock, Partner of Peter Brett Associates LLP said: 'Envirocheck Analysis is really changing the way that we conduct our Phase 1 Site Assessments. In the past, we have ordered our environmental data and historical map reports through Envirocheck and spent our time analysing PDF reports and even printing the documents out to have physical copies to work through. Since adopting Envirocheck Analysis, we are already saving significant amounts of time in analysing historical mapping, and the measuring and drawing tools provide a great level of accuracy, in much less time.
Continues Richard Puttock: “We have been involved in the entire user testing phase for the new Envirocheck Analysis, and we can't wait to start using it for all our Phase 1 desk studies. With all of Envirocheck's environmental data layers being added into the application, we no longer have to spend so long identifying symbols on maps and relating ID numbers back to separate datasheet reports. Now we can visualise everything in Envirocheck Analysis, alongside current and historical mapping, and make an assessment on the potential risk in much less time. Ultimately, this allows us to complete the job more efficiently without comprising accuracy or quality, which helps us provide an even better service to our clients.'
The key features of the new Envirocheck Analysis include:
· Overlay digital environmental data onto current or historical maps to determine potential contamination risks
· Instantly review information behind every dataset to understand what is being highlighted and the potential risks
· Decide how far away from the target site you want data displayed to by using the Distance Filter tool for every dataset
· Access a range of aerial photography plus drawing and measuring tools to mark-up Phase 1 assessments
· Draw Pins to instantly highlight historical land use or environmental concerns – each pin records a grid reference, plus the distance and direction from site using an accurate measuring tool
· Instantly Export these Pins (and their associated information) as a table, directly into environmental site assessment reports.
· View an instant summary of the number of potential risks via a handy ‘feature count’ tool
· Create instant photo snapshots of the site that can be exported to reports
· Saves hours per Phase 1 desk study on historical map and environmental data analysis
Mark Burnard, Senior Product Manager at Landmark Information Group, said: “Through extensive industry consultation, we’ve listened to what our customers want and are excited to launch the new Envirocheck Analysis platform. It enables consultants to be able to assess and analyse mapping and environmental data faster, with more accuracy and ultimately helps deliver detailed and highly accurate reports to clients, faster. The aim is to remove the need for consultants to have to use light boxes, lots of paper, scale rules and sticky tape when analysing printed maps with environmental data: now this can be all done online.”
Concludes Mark Burnard: “The evolution of environmental reporting doesn’t stop here. With the new Envirocheck Analysis platform fully digitising the historical map and environmental data analysis element of Phase 1 assessments, plans are already underway to integrate Site Walkovers into the online platform. We have some more exciting developments coming very soon, which will integrate remote and mobile working. Watch this space for updates.”
Envirocheck Analysis is available free of charge during August and September. For more information on Envirocheck Analysis, telephone 0844 844 9952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: visit: www.landmark.co.uk.