LEGOLAND Windsor is part of the Merlin Entertainments Group. Opened in 1996, the park extends over 150 acres and is one of four LEGOLAND parks in the world. LEGOLAND Windsor contains over 50 interactive rides, shows and attractions, 11
restaurants and cafes and 7 shops
The requirement was for the supply of both hardware and software for the LEGOLAND theme park in Windsor. LEGOLAND Windsor needed a facility whereby they would be able to monitor the energy used by each isolated ride. As a result, there was a requirement for the installation of data loggers across the park and a system to analyse the collected data.
LEGOLAND Windsor required a system whereby they would be able to:
- Monitor electrical energy data automatically, via an AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) system, which would be capable of expansion
- Analyse energy consumption and observe peak demand
- Create exception reports whereby they would be automatically notified should anomalies arise in the energy data, in turn allowing them to act accordingly
eSight Energy and Enercom worked together to provide the complete solution for LEGOLAND Windsor. A site survey was undertaken to determine the specific requirements across site and a qualified professional assessment was presented to LEGOLAND Windsor along with a fixed price for the programme of works.
Following this Enercom loggers were installed across the site, to supply LEGOLAND Windsor with a thorough breakdown of their energy data.
This half hourly data was then imported back into eSight Energy’s energy suite eSight, allowing LEGOLAND Windsor to:
- Examine peak consumption rates and times
- Optimise performance by making energy saving changes and in turn schedule alarms when energy data breached these levels
- Construct and issue energy reports automatically across site