- This major hotel chain location was having issues with recieving fair pricing and rebates from their vendors. Staff at the property did not have the time or expertise to deal with billing issues, recycling commodity market rates or landfill fees.
- Existing recycling service provider was several months behind on rebate
- Lack of transparency was hampering the abilty of staff to monitor compactor weights and fuel/environmental surcharges.
- Compactors for both waste and cardboard were not being used to full capacity.
- Selected and implemented a change of recycling vendor as existing vendor proved to be continually unreliable. Ensured new service contract was clear and had measurable Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Added location to RecycleSmart master purchasing program to eliminate fuel, environmental and commodity surcharges.
- Installed electronic monitors on both cardboard and waste compactors to ensure equipment is being used to full capacity. Worked with equipment vendors to resolve equipment repair issues that previously prevented full use of equipment.