The National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for Major Sources: Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters promulgated at 40 CFR Part 63, Subpart DDDDD, commonly referred to as the Major Source Boiler MACT (MSBM) standards, provide multiple continuous compliance options that require monitoring. Among these options is the use of a continuous oxygen (O2) trim system for continuous compliance with the carbon monoxide (CO) emission standard. This article will discuss the following questions about O2 trim systems:
- What are O2 trim systems?
- Does my boiler have an O2 trim system?
- Can I put an O2 trim system on my existing boiler?
- How are O2 trim systems use for continuous compliance with MSBM?
- Are there any advantages/disadvantages to O2 trim systems?