Location: Edmonton, AB
Pure Technologies is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for the inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss. At Pure, our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for all areas of our business.
We are currently seeking a process oriented, quality focused Manager, Human Resources in our Human Resources team.
Formulate partnerships with our Canadian teams across the HR function to deliver value added services to management and employees that reflect the overall business objectives of the organization and the strategic direction of Human Resources. Act as Change Agent in managing organizational change.
Works as a trusted advisor to management and staff, able to understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work.
The Manager, Human Resources will also be required to play a “corporate role” within the organization through their participation in the development and execution of corporate programs.
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Provide strategic insight focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning and employee engagement
- Work collaboratively with senior managers, coaching and advising on all people issues
- Act as a point of contact for employees for issues such as policies and benefits
- Communicate and implement new policies and procedures
- Develop, audit and maintain the Canadian employee handbook
- Build and execute on solid talent acquisition strategies and processes
- Establishment and conducting of employee orientations
- Oversee the annual performance review process for Canada
- Provide solid stewardship of the Canadian and International HR data within our HRMS
- Provide analysis on specific trends related to areas of responsibility that assist management in making decisions that improve performance, retention and the employee experience
- Manage with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues
- Ensure the Canadian HR practices are in compliance with provincial legislation
- Contributes to the overall HR strategy and direction for Pure globally
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Ability to work within the Corporate Human Resource strategy
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Experience in dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the Pure team
- Superb communication, presentation and facilitation skills honed in business partnership/advisory roles
- Experience as a generalist in Human Resources
- Broad understanding of Human Resources practices, principles and employment standards
- Experience working across multiple provinces and in a multi-location organization
Education & Work Experience
- CHRP or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or similar area
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience