- Nova Consultants and Patriot’s engineering team began working together on the St. Clair RESA project in the Spring of 2013. The 514 kW array is one of a 12 MW portfolio for the midwest electric utility, DTE Electric Company.
- Although site soil conditions were suitable for driven pier foundations, a ballasted racking design was chosen because of the well-head obstructions throughout the field.
- Long term, the racking system can be disassembled and temporarily removed to service the well-head infrastructure during plant operation.
- Designed ballasted racking system to meet module height clearance of 4 feet above grade, a requirement of DTE.
- Ballast design and racking configuration is aesthetically pleasing, at a cost competitive price.
- Engineer post and truss equipment to allow +-4 inches of vertical adjustment in accordance with site grading plan.
- Deliver racking material within a 6 week lead time.
- Racking design met the 4 foot height clearance in accordance with 90 MPH wind load and 35 PSF snow load.
- Rail configuration was designed to meet panel strings of 12 and met all aesthetic project requirements.
- Post vertical adjustment holes allowed in-field racking modification to maintain a level plain for module installation.
- All racking material was delivered on schedule, allowing NOVA Consultants to meet project completion deadline.