Masonite is a unique integrated building products company, which for over 75 years, has focused on leading edge product innovation. With more than 70 facilities and in excess of 12,000 employees worldwide, Masonite retails its products – doors, components, industrial product and entry systems – to a wide variety of customers in over 50 countries.
Masonite has a state of the art production facility in Southern Ireland. Production of door facings from this plant are exclusively dedicated to Europe, which guarantees volume supply to satisfy an increasing demand. Masonite have local representatives in every major European market.
The requirement was for the supply of both hardware and software for Masonite’s manufacturing plant in Ireland.
Masonite needed the ability to monitor energy data from various points throughout the plant. Subsequently there was a requirement for the supply and installation of approximately 80 data loggers.
Masonite also required an application to collect, store and process the energy information. They needed to be able to:
- Transfer data from their manufacturing production system to a central location for analysis.
- Analyse their energy consumption against the production data to calculate performance efficiencies.
- Access the information from different locations throughout the plant.
- Process data for the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
eSight Energy and Enercom worked together to supply the complete solution for Masonite.
Around 80 data loggers were installed at various points throughout the plant. This provided Masonite with a comprehensive set of energy data.
eSight was configured to import production data from Masonite’s production control system on a daily basis.
- Data loggers installed throughout the site
- eSight configured to automatically import energy data from the loggers
- Production data is imported from the production control system
Masonite were then able to analyse utility data against production data to determine the efficiency at various points in the manufacturing process.