Since 2002 the client operates an econ Thermal Desorption plant, specially designed for the treatment of sludge with natural occurring radioactivity (oil and natural gas NORM). The plant is designed as a skid-mounted execution for on-site treatment. To double their capacity a second AVA plant was ordered and commissioned in 2009. This plant is a custom-made design, built on 6 years of successful operational experience. The plant is supplied with a thermal oil heating unit, which has the in-built option for future expansion.
The prime aim of the thermal processing plant – besides the removal of water and typical rinsing agents such as Benzol, Toluol or lube oil - is to recover the mercury content for further recycling. In a seperate dust-free process the remaining cleaned solids are cooled and re-moistened. Due to some occurring heavy metal content and some natural occurring radioactivity the treated solid residue is immobilised with chemical polymers before final disposal.
- Vacuum Dryer type: HTC-VT 1000
- Batch size: 700 litre
- Heating system: 180 kW / 350 °C thermal oil unit - heated by natural gas
- Operating pressure: 50 - 800 mbar(abs)
- Mercury content output: 1 - 10 ppm
- Optimal accessibility for maintenance and repair work
- Additional flushing device for cleaning of piping system
- Due to natural occuring radioactivity inside the product, best possible dust lining necessary
- Special vacuum tight discharge system for separation of liquefied lead contents during process
- Separately recovered contaminants by fractional condensation
- Two condensate lines for contaminants, stand-by solution for highest plant availability