- To identify opportunities to increase profits within the MRF operation.
- Axion Consulting and 360 Environmental carried out site visits to MRF operations at Greenock and Alexandria over a two day period.
- Following the structured approach of the site 'health check' procedures, key issues were discussed with the Greenlight team and significant areas for improvement were identified.
Results & Performance:
- Mass balance calculated and report presented to client.
- Key areas of concern highlighted with cost: benefit assessment.
- Client advised on improvements to machinery and equipment.
- Revised plant operating strategy proposed to reduce cost and minimize waste to landfill.
- Client advised on important compliance and health and safety issues.
- Follow-on visit to specify plant modifications, now under consideration.