The following data is for the verification of the performance of the Myco4™ Aflatoxin Test Kit for the quantitative detection of aflatoxins B1, B2, G1 and G2 in whole corn, corn meal, corn/soy meal, popcorn and sorghum. The Myco4 Aflatoxin test kit can quickly and accurately detect the harmful mycotoxin Aflatoxin in grains and feed. Aflatoxin is considered to be the most potent, naturally-occurring carcinogen. It has been associated with various health effects in both animals and humans. The U.S. FDA has set a maximum allowable level of Aflatoxin at 20 ppb. Foreign levels are typically within a range of 4 to 15 ppb.
Kit Contents (7000125)
- Antibody-Coated microtiter wells in foil pouch
- Red-marked mixing wells in poly zip lock bags
- Vials each containing 2 mL of Aflatoxin calibrators corresponding to 0, 10, 20, 40 and 80 ppb of Aflatoxin
- Vial containing 10 mL of Aflatoxin-HRP Enzyme Conjugate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Substrate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Stop Solution
- Reagent reservoir boats
- Filter Paper (6000094)
- Filter Funnel (6000106)
- Plate Reader (6000095/6000097)
- Grinder (Contact SDI)
- Wash Bottle (6000110)
- Pipette capable of dispensing 50-200 μL (6030400)
- Multichannel (12) pipette (6000093)
- Disposable Pipette Tips (6000092)
- Grind and weigh 20 g sample.
- Combine sample with Extraction Solution and shake.
- Filter sample into a clean container
- Set up mixing and test wells for calibrators and samples.
- Dispense 150 μL of Enzyme Conjugate into mixing wells.
- Dispense 50 μL of each calibrator & sample into the appropriate mixing wells.
- Transfer 100 μL of the reaction mixture from each of the mixing wells into the appropriate corresponding test wells.
- Incubate for 5 minutes.
- Shake out contents of wells and wash.
- Dispense 100 μL of Substrate into each calibrator and sample well.
- Incubate 5 minutes.
- Dispense 100 μL of Stop Solution into each calibrator and sample well.
- Read and record results.