The following data is for the verification of the performance of the Myco4™ DON Test Kit for the quantitative detection of deoxynivalenol (vomitoxin) in barley, malted barley, oats, corn and wheat. The Myco4 DON test kit can quickly and accurately detect the harmful mycotoxin DON (deoxynivalenol) in grains and feed. Due to the health concerns associated with DON, the U.S. has set advisory levels at less than 2 ppm for wheat destined for human consumption, and less than 5 ppm for most animal feed products.
Kit Contents (7000135)
- Antibody-Coated microtiter wells in foil pouch
- Red-marked mixing wells in poly zip lock bags
- Vials each containing 2 mL of DON calibrators corresponding to 0, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 ppm of DON
- Vial containing 10 mL of DON-HRP Enzyme Conjugate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Substrate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Stop Solution
- Reagent reservoir boats
- Filter Paper (6000094)
- Filter Funnel (6000106)
- Plate Reader (6000095/6000097)
- Grinder (Contact SDI)
- Wash Bottle (6000110)
- Pipette capable of dispensing 50-200 μL (6030400)
- Multichannel (12) pipette (6000093)
- Disposable Pipette Tips (6000092)
- Grind and weigh 20 g sample.
- Combine sample with Extraction Solution and shake.
- Filter sample into a clean container
- Set up mixing and test wells for calibrators and samples.
- Dispense 100 μL of Enzyme Conjugate into mixing wells.
- Dispense 100 μL of each calibrator & sample into the appropriate mixing wells.
- Transfer 100 μL of the reaction mixture from each of the mixing wells into the appropriate corresponding test wells.
- Incubate for 5 minutes.
- Shake out contents of wells and wash.
- Dispense 100 μL of Substrate into each calibrator and sample well.
- Incubate 5 minutes.
- Dispense 100 μL of Stop Solution into each calibrator and sample well.
- Read and record results.