The following data is for the verification of the performance of the Myco4 Fumonisin Test Kit for the quantitative detection of fumonisins B1, B2, and B3 in whole corn, corn meal and corn germ. The Myco4 Fumonisin test kit can quickly and accurately detect the harmful mycotoxin Fumonisin in grains and feed. This mold causes Fusarium Ear Rot in corn which is the most common corn disease in the U.S. US FDA guidelines are proposed at 2 ppm for grains destined for human consumption. Levels above 5 pmm have been shown to be harmful to horses and other livestock.
Kit Contents (7000130)
- Antibody-Coated microtiter wells in foil pouch
- Red-marked mixing wells in poly zip lock bags
- Vials each containing 2 mL of Fumonisin calibrators corresponding to 0, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0 ppb of Fumonisin
- Vial containing 10 mL of Fumonisin-HRP Enzyme Conjugate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Substrate
- Vial containing 10 mL of Stop Solution
- Reagent reservoir boats
- Filter Paper (6000094)
- Filter Funnel (6000106)
- Plate Reader (6000095/6000097)
- Grinder (Contact SDI)
- Wash Bottle (6000110)
- Pipette capable of dispensing 50-200 μL (6030400)
- Multichannel (12) pipette (6000093)
- Disposable Pipette Tips (6000092)
- Grind and weigh 20 g sample.
- Combine sample with Extraction Solution and shake.
- Filter sample into a clean container
- Set up mixing and test wells for calibrators and samples.
- Dispense 150 μL of Enzyme Conjugate into mixing wells.
- Dispense 50 μL of each calibrator & sample into the appropriate mixing wells.
- Transfer 100 μL of the reaction mixture from each of the mixing wells into the appropriate corresponding test wells.
- Incubate for 5 minutes.
- Shake out contents of wells and wash.
- Dispense 100 μL of Substrate into each calibrator and sample well.
- Incubate 5 minutes.
- Dispense 100 μL of Stop Solution into each calibrator and sample well.
- Read and record results.