Needle Punched Geotextile Separator for Oxidation Pond Project in China - Case study
Geotextile separator is the placement of a flexible porous geotextile between soil and HDPE geomembrane liner to protect the anti seepage lining system from puncture. The short fiber needle punched geotextile is manufactured from polypropylene staple fibers and combines high water flow rate and durability while providing excellent soil retention, along with excellent physical and hydraulic properties. has high durability, along with excellent physical and hydraulic properties. The short fiber needle punched is the cost effective and ideal geotextile separator material for civil engineering projects.
Oxidation pond is a natural pond that relies on the biochemical action of microorganisms to degrade pollutants in the water or a pond for organic wastewater treatment that has been manually trimmed. BPM customer saw related cases about oxidation ponds on our website, and sent us an email. The email mentioned that he wanted to build an oxidation pond to treat animal feces. The client gave us a detailed introduction to the difficulties and ideas he encountered.
- The construction place has soft soil and shallow groundwater.
- There are more gravel and sand.
- The demand is greater and the project is urgent
After communicating with the customer, our engineers went to the customer’s local area for on-site inspections. Our engineers gave the following suggestions based on the local geological conditions:
- Due to the shallow groundwater, we laid PE pipes in advance to drain the groundwater, so as to prevent the water level from rising in the future and damage the project.
- We recommend PP short fiber needle punched geotextile to solve the problem of soft soil filtration and separation. Due to the better performance of pp staple fiber geotextile, the thickness of 3mm can filter the moisture in the soil well, strengthen the foundation, and can also protect the geotextile from being punctured.
- It is recommended to cover the geotextile with a 1.5mm HDPE geomembrane to filter and prevent seepage.
HDPE PIPE has the following advantages:
- Anti-corrosion, long use time.
- Low price and easy installation.
PP staple fiber geotextile separator has the following advantages.
- Improve the stability of slope and reinforcement soil, avoid water and soil loss and soil frozen injure.
- Isolation layer of artificial backfill soil stone with foundation and different tundra.
- Filtration layer of drainage pipe or gravel sub-drain
- Vertical or horizontal drainage; Bury in soil to release air pressure.
- Reinforce the weak foundation of engineering of road, railway, embankment, airport.
The Advantages of HDPE Geomembrane Liner.
- Good physical and mechanical performance.
- (2)High tearing resistance, strong deformation adaptability.
Puncture-resisting, aging resisting, ultra-violet radiation, oil and salt, and corrosion resistance.
Good adaptability to high and low temperature, non-toxicity, long service life.