Launch Features Former President of Mexico Felipe Calderon, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg of Norway, President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia, and International Ministers and Representatives
Former President of Mexico Felipe Calderon and ministers from a diverse group of countries will launch a major new international initiative, the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate, comprising former heads of government, finance ministers, and leaders in the fields of economics, business and finance.
The Commission’s flagship project, The New Climate Economy, brings together leading research institutes and economists from six continents to analyze the risks and benefits of climate action. It will make recommendations to the world’s governments, business and finance leaders on how to achieve lower-carbon economic growth and development.
The press event will feature ministers and representatives from Colombia, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Korea, Norway, Sweden and the United Kingdom, the countries which have commissioned the initiative.
The event will take place before the opening of the UN General Assembly meeting and during “Climate Week” in New York City.
Launch of The New Climate Economy project in New York City
- Felipe Calderon, former President of Mexico and Chair of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate
- Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, Norway
- President Juan Manuel Santos, Colombia
- Lena Ek, Minister of Environment, Sweden
- Kuntoro Mangkusubroto, Minister and head of the President’s Delivery Unit, Indonesia
- Bård Vegard Solhjell, Minister of Environment, Norway
- Boonam Shin, Ambassador for Green Growth, Republic of Korea
- Rt. Hon. Gregory Barker, Minister for Energy and Climate Change, UK
- Jeremy Oppenheim, Director of the New Climate Economy project
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:00 a.m. EDT
NOTE: Media should arrive and register by 7:30 a.m.
A light breakfast will be served.
Hilton Manhattan East
304 East 42nd Street,
New York, NY 10017
(between 1st and 2nd Avenues)
(Just three blocks from the United Nations headquarters)
RSVP required by September 19 to press@NewClimateEconomy.net
For questions, please contact: Lauren Zelin (202) 729-7736; email@example.com