This edition presents:
• New Zealand Energy Sources Map illustrating New Zealand’s major energy sources.
• New Zealand Profile General information about New Zealand.
• Energy Overview Total primary energy supply and energy consumption for New Zealand.
• Energy Balances An illustration of energy supply and demand for New Zealand.
• Coal Production and consumption for New Zealand.
• Oil Production, reserves, consumption and prices for New Zealand.
• Gas Production, reserves, consumption and prices for New Zealand.
• Renewables Primary energy supply and consumption for New Zealand.
• Electricity Generation, consumption, prices and installed capacity for New Zealand.
• Emissions CO2 equivalent emissions from energy processes.
• International Key Indicators 2005 energy indicators for selected countries.
• International Prices Energy end use prices for selected countries.
• Glossary & Units An explanation of technical terms and units used.
• Conversion Factors Coal, oil, gas and electricity conversion factors.
Information is presented in the form of charts with annual data up to the 2007 calendar year unless otherwise stated. All prices are in real New Zealand dollars unless otherwise stated. Energy units are typically presented in petajoules (PJ) on a gross calorific basis (see conversion factors). Some totals may not exactly equal the sum of the displayed data due to rounding.
Source data and more detailed information are largely derived from the New Zealand Energy Data File and other Energy Information and Modelling publications. These are referred to at the back of this booklet and are available free of charge in electronic form.
Source: Ministry of Economic Development 2008