'We were very happy with PSG's installation crew. The crew was professional and were able to get the system installed with racking and panels within two days.'Project Overview
- Zuercher Electric and Patriot worked together on initial project designs for ZYP Coatings beginning in April 2013. Patriot’s sales and engineering team designed a layout to optimize limited space in consideration with module string sizes.
- Construction was set to begin in early June, but major set-backs with the permitting process created project delays. Permitting was finalized in late July, when severe storms brought torrential rain and flooded the site, creating further delays.
- Site installation finally took place in August, where Patriot’s 3-man crew drove posts, assembled racking, and installed modules in 2 days. The 50 kW system will produce more than 60,000 kWh annually for ZYP Coatings
- Design racking system layout to optimize small site area and work with desired module string size.
- Engineer ground mount system to be low profile, meeting customer aesthetic preferences.
- Install entire racking system and modules in short time frame, to make up for major delays and set backs.
- System layout was designed to be most cost effective with longer rows East and West; maximizing the electricity output of array footprint.
- Racking system met all customer aesthetic requirements and met all local building design codes.
- Patriot’s install crew completed entire racking and panel installation within 2 days.