A petrochemical refinery has 6 different wastewater sampling points for effective process control. When there is a problem
in effluent COD, samples from all 6 points are needed to determine source of the contamination. Once the contamination
source is determined, corrective actions are taken.
The current COD dichromate test takes 3-4 hours before a single result is generated. This means that it is 3-4 hours before
any corrective actions can be taken. As a result, the petrochemical refinery incurs excessive product loss and wastewater
A quicker COD analysis method that will generate the required COD results much faster, leading to significant financial
savings for the refinery, MANTECH's PeCOD AssayPlus. The PeCOD AssayPlus performs Automated COD analysis in 6-10
minutes per sample.
- Each individual COD result is generated in 6-10 minutes. Total batch of 6 sample COD results are generated in 36-60 minutes leading to quick corrective actions and significant financial savings for the refinery.
- The system offers automated calibrations, ensuring reliable results with a complete audit trail.
- MANTECH PeCOD technology is safe and non-hazardous. This has added health and safety benefits for the chemists, eliminates hazardous reagent disposal costs and promotes green technology initiatives for the refinery.
- Every COD result automatically generates an estimated BOD result; Automated COD and BOD in one instrument!
- PeCOD AssayPlus utilizes proven MANTECH software, liquid handling and AutoMax automation.