Fuel Storage Area at the Verlite Industrial Facility, Tampa, FL FDEP Site Number:
Gasoline contaminants in soil and ground water
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank (UST) had contaminated an area at the Verlite manufacturing Facility
- Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE) and pump and treat treatments were performed, but could not get the site to closure.
- No soil contamination remained.
- Concentrations above the GCTLs existed in the compliance wells
- One proprietary EN Rx ReagentTM application was used to treat the ground water using existing monitoring and sparge wells.
- The goal was to remove enough contaminates to obtain a No Further Action (NFA) on the site.
POST-CLEAN UP DATA
- Well in former tank pit (MW-34) showed complete destruction of contaminants of concern.
- Down gradient well (MW-10) showed some rebound.
- Sampling was stopped due to scoring changes in the Florida Pre-Approval Program
- Site re-sampled after approximately one year, and all wells are clean.
- Anticipating site closure when state program restarts sampling.