Portable Roof Edge Fall Protection - Case Study
An Innovative Approach to Portable Safety Railing Systems
KeeGuard® Contractor system is a free standing solution to roof edge fall protection that requires no hardware connections to the rooftop or working surface. KeeGuard® Contractor can be configured to meet all OSHA Standards for permanent railings, including OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.502, 1910.23 & NOMMA Metal Rail manual deflection requirements.
Why use KeeGuard® Contractor guardrail system?
- To meet OSHA regulations for fall protection with a temporary, portable railing system
- All guardrail components are galvanized and extremely durable
- Recycled PVC bases, long life, no-rust.
- Modular design makes assembly of the railing system very fast
- 100 feet of safety rail can be installed by 2 people in 1 hour
- Solid, safe construction
- The uprights are secured in the base by steel galvanized collars and set screws
- The solid system allows for variable angled changes of direction
- Easy assembly using a torque wrench or hex key to tighten set screws to 29 lbs/ft.
- A railing section consists of 2 horizontal Schedule 40 galvanized pipes and 2 vertical Schedule 40 galvanized pipes for the 42 inch uprights
- The modular system has 10 foot railing sections and 5 foot return sections with a
- galvanized finish ensuring a long and rust-free life of the system.
- Powder coating in Safety Yellow over a galvanized finish is available as an optional extra.
- Each base weight is molded from recycled PVC in two interlocking halves, supplied assembled.
- Overall dimensions are 22' square x 6 1/2' deep and weigh a minimum of 90 pounds.
- The base weights incorporate comfortable carrying handles for ease of portability.
- The weight also incorporates slots for an optional standard timber toeboard if required.