Managing the increasing volumes of produced water associated with oil & gas production as well as sourcing water for operations is becoming more challenging for E&P companies. Handling oily wastewaters with high and variable contents of O&G and TSS requires complex and costly treatment trains with conventional technologies.
To evaluate akvoFloat ’s capability to handle such hard-to-treat effluents two different
samples were collected:
- Produced water from DEA Hankensbüttel well (after separation tank)
- Crude Oil to create synthetic produced water with different oil and TSS concentrations
Lab tests were done with flowrates of 100-200 l/h. Different membrane materials and geometries were
tested, i.e. Al2O3 and SiC, hollow fiber and flat sheet. All membranes removed the oil concentration to less than 10 ppm, in most cases less than 5 ppm.
- High removal efficiency:
- Oil (> 97%) – less < 2 ppm
- TSS (> 99%)
- High recovery (> 95%)
- 8 hours of stable operation*
- High flux (120 lmh)
- No coagulation/flocculation chemicals