Project - IAAF - Deployment of a global air quality network on outdoor athletic tracks certified by the IAAF
- CUSTOMER: IAAF
- USER: IAAF
- LOCATION: Worldwide (Monaco, Mexico, Japan, Ethiopia, Australia)
- ENVIRONMENT: Urban
- YEAR: 2018
The IAAF aims to advocate for clean air by providing real-time information on air quality and athlete performance. In addition, it seeks to influence environmental policies, find solutions for air quality and conduct awareness campaigns.
The IAAF in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Program aims to address the problem of air pollution that contributes to 7 million deaths a year worldwide. By creating an air quality monitoring network on 1000 athletic tracks around the world, it provides a first-class opportunity to provide evidence to improve the health of citizens and future athletes. It also demonstrates an innovative approach to solving the problem of air pollution.
Supply and installation on demand of Kunak AIR equipment (fixed and mobile) with GPRS for the monitoring of parameters of polluting gases and particles. Measurement parameters: PM 1, PM2.5, PM10, C0, NO2, NO y O3.
- Deployment of a sensor network with embedded wireless communications.
- Development of mobile application.
- Monthly report of the data obtained.
Development of a calibrated environmental monitoring solution with the following functionalities:
- System of alarms, alerts and statistics in real time.
- Detection of episodes of increased pollution.
- Management and remote calibration of the equipment.
- Development of advanced statistical protocols to obtain data of high quality and reliability that provide high correlations with official stations and reference equipment.